Hometown Insurance provides homeowners insurance protection and coverage throughout the state, and most specifically Northeastern Wisconsin. We are dedicated to providing our customers the best possible insurance protection and coverages at fair and reasonable prices through our association of fine, stable, and financially-sound insurance carriers.
why homeowners insurance?
The biggest investment most people will ever make is in their home. That´s why it makes sense to protect the sizable financial investment you´ve made in your own home with a comprehensive homeowners plan. Your home purchase is an investment deserving the protection that only an experienced insurance professional can provide.
Basic Protection You Need For...
- Your home
- Other buildings or structures on your property
- Your personal belongings - furniture, clothing, appliances, etc.
- Additional living expenses
- Your personal legal liability
Special features you can choose for additional security
- Home Replacement Guarantee
- Replacement Cost on Contents
- Additional Coverage Form
frequently asked questions
Homeowners insurance is a form of personal lines insurance. The typical homeowners policy has two main sections:
- Covers the property of the insured.
- Provides personal liability coverage to the insured.
- Get the amount and type of insurance that you need.
- Determine the amount of personal property insurance and personal liability coverage that you need.
- Select any additional endorsements you want to add to your policy. For example, do you want the personal property replacement cost endorsement?
When "actual cash value" is used in a policy, a policy owner is entitled to the depreciated value of the damaged property.
When "replacement cost" coverage is used in a policy, a policy owner is reimbursed an amount necessary to replace the article with one of similar type and quality at current prices.
Coverage C of a homeowners policy provides named perils coverage. This applies to all your personal property (except property that is specifically excluded).
Direct damages due to earthquakes are not covered under the standard homeowners insurance policy. If you live in an area that is prone to earthquakes, you may want to consider adding an earthquake endorsement to your homeowners insurance policy. This endorsement will cover damages due to earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions and other earth movements.
If your property lies in a flood plain as determined by US Government Flood Maps. Ask your independent agent about a flood quote.